- Connect a wireless PS4 controller with a Mac. Press and hold the PlayStation button and Share button to put the controller into pairing mode. On your Mac, go to Bluetooth settings either.
- If you decide to give up playing Fortnite on a Mac and want to play on an iPhone or iPad instead, don’t forget that you can use the Xbox One controller with iPad and iPhone and connect the PS4 controller to iOS and iPadOS devices as well, so if you decide to play on a mobile device, you can still use the game controller if you wish.
- Gaming on a Mac computer is almost always a tricky time, due to the lack of support for many games and different hardware requirements. Thankfully, the cultural phenomenon known as Fortnite is on.
How to play Fortnite on PC with a third-party controller In addition to the PS4 and Xbox controllers, there are many different brands on the market. Let’s say that the best known ones, such as Logitech and Thrustmaster, guarantee very high degrees of compatibility with Fortnite.
Thanks in-part to the craze from Fortnite and PUBG, mobile gaming has never been as popular as it is right now. If you haven’t joined the millions of gamers who are enjoying these free-to-play battle royale games right now, you’re definitely missing out. Seriously, these games have been in such high demand that the developers at Epic Games recently ported Fortnite to iOS and Android.
Remember Flappy Bird? Long gone are the days when Candy Crush, Farmville, and Flappy Bird populated our mobile devices. In fact, smartphones are so powerful these days that most mobile gaming experiences offer a similar level of game-play and graphics as consoles.
Despite all this, there is still at least one area where mobile gaming falls short: controls. Now if you recall, Fortnite allows cross-platform play which means that PC, console, and mobile players can duke it out together no matter what system they’re playing on. So as you might imagine, trying to play a fast-paced action game like these on a phone’s touchscreen puts you at a disadvantage when you’re up against players using a mouse, keyboard or console controller.
Luckily, there’s something you can do about it. Bluetooth gaming controllers are affordable, convenient and highly portable devices that can easily take your mobile gaming to the next level.
Here’s is our pick for the absolute best Android and iOS Bluetooth controller for Fortnite and PUBG Mobile:
Best Android Controller for Fortnite and PUBG Mobile: SteelSeries Stratus Duo Review
Best Fortnite Controller Settings
The SteelSeries Stratus Duo looks and feels like a slightly fatter version of a PlayStation console controller. It features four action buttons, four shoulder buttons, two analog sticks and a D-pad.
Best Controler For Fortnite On Mac
SteelSeries has a great understanding of ergonomics. The Stratus Duo feels great to hold and I don’t have to strain to hit any buttons. The shoulder buttons have a textured groove built-in where my fingers naturally lie. The analog sticks and button placement are right where I need them to be, with the power and pairing buttons are out of the way on the back along the top of the controller.
Even though this gamepad is perfect for Android and iOS titles like Fortnite and PUBG, it can also connect to your PC with the included USB receiver – making it very versatile. Playing with this controller on the PC is great, there isn’t any input lag that you might expect. You can play a variety of fast paced games and it feels similar to using a controller on a console, it’s that snappy.
The only downside of this controller has to be that the “SmartGrip” phone holder is not included. That being said, a phone holder is what makes these controllers perfect for mobile gaming. For an additional $9.99, you can flip-up a cradle that holds your smartphone tightly in place while you play. This effectively turns your phone into a mobile gaming setup. Like I previously mentioned, the controller works great on the phone but it would have been nice if the phone holder was included.
If you game on your Android phone, PC or even your Android TV this is definitely the controller to have. The combination of cross platform usage and the zero lag performance are what make up the elements of this great gaming controller.
SteelSeries Stratus Duo Specs
- Connectivity – 2.4GHz, Bluetooth 4.1, or Wired USB
- Connector Type: Micro USB
- Battery Type – Lithium-ion (20+ hours)
- Range (2.4GHz) -12 meters / 40 feet
- Connector Type – Micro USB
- Width – 150mm / 5.91 inches
- Height – 110mm / 4.33 inches
- Depth – 63.2mm / 2.49 inches
- Weight – 245g
- Cable length – 1.8 meters / 5.9 feet
SteelSeries Stratus Duo Pros and Cons
- Ergonomic Design
- Great Build Quality
- Accurate/Tactile Button Feedback
- Fast Pairing/Hassle Free Setup
- Rechargeable Battery
- Android Mobile/PC/Android TV Compatible
- Phone Mounted Not Included
- No Vibration Rumble
- Not USB-C Connection
- No iOS Support/Nimbus Controller Required
Best Playstation Controller For Fortnite
Best iOS Controller for Fortnite and PUBG Mobile: SteelSeries Nimbus
The SteelSeries Nimbus is the company’s controller specifically for iOS. That means this controller can only be used with iPhones, iPads, Mac computers and Apple TV.
Honestly, we didn’t have this in for testing but from what we gather this controller is the absolute best for iOS users. It is so highly recommended in-fact, Apple has this controller available to purchase at their retail stores and through their website.
The ergonomic design and button layout appears nearly identical to the Stratus Duo. In-fact, everything appears to be nearly identical to the SteelSeries Stratus Duo except for the Lightning Connector for charging.
So if you are gaming on your iPhone, iPad or even your Apple TV this is definitely the controller to have.