Genesis Plus is fully compatible with all ROMs of Genesis / Mega Drive, Sega/Mega CD, Master System, Game Gear & SG-1000 games. In addition, the emulator has features like gamepad support, emulation of all sound channels, cheat codes support, but it doesn’t support the full-screen gameplay. Naan sirithaal movie. SEGA Genesis(Mega Drive) The Sega Genesis, known as the Mega Drive Designed by an R&D team supervised by Hideki Sato and Masami Ishikawa, the Genesis was adapted from Sega's System 16 arcade board, centered on a Motorola 68000 processor as the CPU, a Zilog Z80 as a sound controller, and a video system supporting hardware sprites, tiles, and scrolling.
- Browse more Sega Genesis games by using the game links on this page. From Sega Retro Sega Genesis Emulator Mac Kega FusionSystem(s):Sega Mega Drive, Mega-CD, 32X, Master System, Game Gear, SG-1000, SC-3000OS: Windows, Linux, Mac OS XDeveloper: Steve SnakeProgrammed in: Assembly, CLast release date: 2010-03-071 (10 years ago)Last version: 3.64.
- If you’re aching for some nostalgia and the Genesis is your flavor of choice, we think you’ll enjoy the best SEGA Genesis emulators for Android! Please note that most of these should work with Mega Drive games and a few even work with SEGA CD, SEGA Mark III, and the SEGA Master System.
The Sega Genesis was one of the two great 16-bit systems of it's time, the other being the Super Nintendo. As Sega was not able to obtain the trademark in the US, the unit was called Genesis there. The Genesis had two major addons: a 32-bit extension called 32X and a CD-ROM drive called Mega CD.
We should also point out that at some point a Sega Master System converter was released that allowed it's games to be used on the Genesis.
Download Sega Genesis Emulator
Windows Genesis Emulator
- CPU: Motorola 68000 at 7.61 MHz
- 1 MByte (8 Mbit) ROM Area
- 64 KByte RAM Area
- Co-Processor: Z80 @ 4 MHz (Not Present in MK-1631)
- Controls PSG (Programmable Sound Generator) & FM Chips
- 8 KBytes of dedicated Sound Ram
- 64 simultaneous colors of 512 color pallete.
- Pixel resolution: 320 x 224
- VDP (Video Display Processor)
- 3 Planes: 2 scrolling playfields, 1 sprite plane
- PSG (TI 76489 chip)
- FM chip (Yamaha YM 2612)
- 6-channel stereo
- 8 KBytes RAM
- Signal/Noise Ratio: 14dB
- CPU: Dual Hitachi SH-2 RISC Processors @ 23 MHz each, 40MIPS.
- Genesis 68000, and Z80
- Genesis 32X VDP
- 32,768 simultaneous colours on screen
- Genesis resolution
- Overlaying over existing Genesis/SegaCD video
- 50,000 texture-mapped polygons/sec
- Texture mapping
- Hardware scaling and rotation
- Stereo PCM chip
- Audio mixing with Genesis sound
- Additional 2 channels (8 Channels total, or 16 with SegaCD)
|Mega CD Specs:|
- CPU: Motorola 68000 @ 12.5MHz
- 6Mbit (Program, picture data, sound data)
- 512Kbit (PCM waveform memory)
- 128Kbit (CD-ROM data cache memory)
- 64Kbit (Backup memory)
- 1Mbit (Boot ROM)
- PCM Sound Source:
- Stereo, 8 Channels.
- 8x Internal over-sampling digital filter
- PCM and CD sound mixing.
- Mixing with mixing terminal possible
- Wavelength characteristics: 20Hz-20kHz.
- Signal/Noise Ratio: Over 90dB (1kHz) (Line Out).
- Stereo channel separation: Over 90dB.
- Sampliing wavelength: 32MHz max.
- D/A Convertor:
- 16-bit D/A convertor
- Battery Backup Durection: Approx. 1 month
- 1x CD-Rom Drive Speed (150kb/s)
- Audio Out: L/W RCA pin jack.
- Dimensions (WHD): 301mm x 212.5mm x 112.5mm (r1).
Best Genesis Emulator Android
Sega Genesis & 32X
Sega Genesis & MegaCD