- Movie Maker For Macbook
- Movie Maker For Mac Free Download
- Movie Makers For Macbook
- Movie Maker For Mac Computer
Wondershare Filmora. The top one of the best Windows Movie Maker alternatives for Mac users is. If that doesn't suit you, our users have ranked more than 100 alternatives to Windows Movie Maker and many of them are available for Mac so hopefully you can find a suitable replacement. Other interesting Mac alternatives to Windows Movie Maker.
Many Windows users are impressed and very thankful to Microsoft for providing and designing Windows Movie Maker (also named Windows Live Movie Maker). And even some Mac users or people just switched from Windows to Mac are interested in this versatile, relatively fast, and user-friendly movie maker for its:
- Easy and straight forward workflow. Beginners can use it without editing experience.
- Multiple tools for different editing needs - making stunning slideshows, short YouTube videos, etc.
- Abundant transitions, effects, and titles.
- Pre-installation and entirely free.
Can You Get Windows Movie Maker on Mac?
Sadly, the answer is No. Windows Movie Maker isn't compatible with Mac. If you want to free download and install it on your MacBook, you need to deploy a virtual Windows system to macOS, which is hard to approach and may bring many errors.
The good news is that there are many powerful and easy-to-use video editors for Mac. Today we picked the Top 6 best movie makers for Mac that help you create a movie on Mac easily like using Windows Movie Maker.
# 1. VideoProc – Best Windows Movie Maker for Mac
VideoProc, developed by Digiarty, is a novice-friendly movie maker for Apple Mac (Big Sur included) and Windows. Not much the same as professional commercial video editing software, VideoProc was designed much simpler for Mac users. Without investing much time in learning how to use it, you can follow the intuitive hints on its interface to trim, cut, split, deshake, denoise, watermark your videos, and apply other editing decisions on Mac within several clicks.
Editors like Windows Movie Maker, iMovie, and even FFmpeg-based Shotcut have relatively limited input and output codec options, but this won't be a problem for VideoProc. It is compatible with almost all popular and rare compression codecs.
- Easy and user-friendly: The interface is extremely intuitive. You can make any edits in just a few clicks.
- Powerful video editing tools: Trim, cut, split, merge, rotate, effects, filters, deshake, denoise, etc.
- Quality-lossless editing: The final products of 4K (30fps, 60fps) or even 8K videos retain the best image quality.
- 420+ input and output formats: MP4, MOV, QT, AVI, MKV, FLV, 4K, 8K, HEVC, H.264, and many presets for YouTube, Facebook, and Twitter videos.
- Auto GPU acceleration: Level-3 hardware acceleration enables you to edit hour-long 4K videos in just minutes without being a resource hog.
- Screen and webcam capturing: It allows you to record desktop screen activities, webcam captured content or both at the same time.
- Built-in downloading engine: It can save videos from 1000+ video sites, download and extract movie subtitles.
Drawbacks (Compare with Windows Movie Maker)
- It is a linear video editor.
How to Make A Video on Mac Using VideoProc
[0:11] Step 1. Import video from your MacBook to VideoProc.
[0:15] Step 2. Cut, crop, add effects and subtitles, sync video and audio, and more.
[0:32] Step 3. Choose an output format for your video.
[0:37] Step 4. Modify your video by stabilizing the footage, removing background noise, trimming, etc.
[0:43] Step 5. Deliver your stories to social media at high quality.
#2. iMovie – Best Alternative to Windows Movie Maker for Mac
iMovie, a member of Apple ecosystems, is crammed with practical and user-friendly features to outgun Windows Movie Maker's offering. It looks nifty, and the interface layout is very logical. It comes with a separate video and audio track so that you can organize the source materials better.
The stunning preset themes and transitions can bring a professional touch to your videos. In terms of adding subtitles, iMovie brings you more modern and customized options. As for stabilization, voice overlay and many killer features of Windows Movie Maker, iMovie doesn't miss any of them. Small wonder, many people take Windows Movie Maker as a parody of iMovie.
- Multi-track timelines: you can add 2 video tracks and multiple audio tracks to the timeline.
- Rich preset effects. If you are a traveling enthusiast, many chances you would love the map background.
- Powerful editing toolkits: picture-in-picture, green screen, color balance, color correction, color board, crop, split, rotate, pan and zoom, frame stabilization, filters, reverse playback, slow motion.
- Robust audio processing capability: iMovie allows you to add, record, reduce the background noise, and adjust the audio, for example, flat, voice enhances, loudness, hum reduction, etc.
- Share online: you can save the generated video to the local disk, share them on YouTube, Facebook and Vimeo, or transfer via Email and iTunes. The output file can be high-resolution 4K videos.
Drawbacks (compared with Windows Movie Maker)
- Many editing options are hidden and are hard to find.
- A bit of memory hungry and frequently freezes or crashes.
- It has difficulty in coping with MKV videos and GIFs.
- It edits and exports videos at a fixed aspect ratio – 16:9.
Free download and update iMovie: https://www.apple.com/imovie/
#3. QuickTime Player – Built-in Windows Movie Maker for Mac
QuickTime is a built-in multimedia player on Mac that supports common video formats like MOV and MP4. It uses the new playback controls to adjust settings for the best viewing experience and people can easily change settings including flick shuttle, playback speed, bass, treble, and balance. Moreover, as another alternative Windows Movie Maker for Mac, QuickTime allows you to perform common movie edits such as trimming, rearranging, and rotating. You can also split your movie into multiple clips and then process each clip separately.
- Easy and quick video editing: rotating, flipping, and trimming videos.
- It is a good video player especially for Mac users who require high definition quality.
- It can be used to record the Mac screen and take screenshots.
Drawbacks (compared with Windows Movie Maker)
- QuickTime Player is less versatile and cannot add transitions, filters, effects, or texts.
- It supports fewer video formats and codecs natively, such as MKV, FLV, HEVC, etc.
Free download and update QuickTime Player: https://support.apple.com/downloads/quicktime
#4. macXvideo – Free Movie Maker Software for Mac
macXvideo is an easy but powerful video editor for macOS only. It is the first free video processing tool for 4K videos in any format, for example, MP4, AVI, MOV, MKV, FLV, etc. We nominate it as the best Windows Movie Maker alternative on MacBook for its simple and fast video editing features. The intuitive drag-and-drop controls help you cut, rotate, trim/split, add subtitle, and apply effects to your videos in minutes. In addition, it has well-rounded output settings that guide you to produce the best videos for YouTube, Facebook, and Vimeo.
- It is free of charge and easy to learn.
- Supports a plethora of video and audio formats.
- Edits high quality 4K, 8K videos with 100% original video quality.
- Batch converts videos and audio files in minutes.
Drawbacks (compared with Windows Movie Maker)
- It is a linear video editor.
- It provides fewer effects and filters.
Free download macXvideo: https://www.videoproc.com/macxvideo/
#5. VLC - Open Source Movie Make for Mac
We take VLC as a media player and video transcoder in most cease. But don’t forget that it was built with some hidden editing features like cutting, merging, rotating, cropping, and texting. On top of that, it comes with some advanced settings for color adjusting, overlay, motion blur, 3D effect, watermark, etc. If you are a Mac user searching for an editor equals to Windows Movie Maker, you could try this installed player on your MacBook before downloading other software.
- Free and open source.
- It is multifunctional to convert and transcode videos and audio files.
- Advanced controls over videos, subtitles, and audio filters.
- It plays a wide arrange of media files, video, audio, DVD, text tiles, etc.
Drawbacks (compared with Windows Movie Maker)
- Its editing features are deeply hidden. Beginners will spend much timing figuring them out.
- Not as intuitive as Windows Movie Maker. Editing in VLC is dealing with numerous parameters.
- No presets, video templates, or transitions.
Free download VLC for Mac: https://www.videolan.org/vlc/download-macosx.html
#6. Shotcut – Free Windows Movie Maker for Mac
This open source and free video editing software has been very useful for both pros and beginners. You can free download it on Mac from the official website of Shotcut. It is not that easy to adapt to like Windows Movie Maker, but overall it has a straightforward UI and many useful tools.
There aren't preset themes that you can apply to clips, but plenty of transitions and filters are offered. This video creator for Mac can crop, watermark, speed up, sharpen, flip, rotate, stabilize videos with filters, as well as add normal/3D text, apply color-balance effects, transitions, etc. So most of your editing ideas can be achieved.
- Support H.264 (Baseline, High Profile, Main Profile), HEVC, MJPEG, MPEG-2/4, VP8/VP9, DNXHD, etc.
- Multi-track for video clips: you can add or remove one or more video and audio tracks.
- Powerful audio editing features. You can add balance, bandpass, compressor, delay, and many more filters to polish it.
- Save projects automatically when software crashes or lags.
Drawbacks (Compared with Windows Movie Maker)
- It can be sticky to be able to navigate around Shotcut.
- There are times the video skips some frames while editing.
- No preset transitions available to use. You have to add your pictures for creating transition effects.
- The output settings are filled up with difficulties. There are many professional parameters to learn and no preset exporting profiles for different uses.
Free download Shotcut for Mac: https://shotcut.org/download/
It is very hard to say which tool is the best alternative to Windows Movie Maker on Mac. No video editor that can meet all your requirements. Different users may have a different or even conflicting reviews towards these Mac movie makers
But we can choose the one that meets most of your needs,– easy to edit videos on a go, compatible with most video files, well-rounded presets for beginners, and versatile editing tools for pros. In terms of these requirements, VideoProc could be your primary tool to create videos on your Mac. Besides, it also functions as a powerful video converter, online downloader, and screen recorder. Now free download this movie maker for Mac to explore more features.
Free Download VideoProc - Best Windows Movie Maker for Mac
With the development of science and technology, photographic tools and video editing software come into people's daily life. Many people want to record their daily life or some important moments in their lives by video, such as marriage proposal, graduation, travel, etc. and make it as a micro-movie by editing, filtering, adding subtitles, adding music. This passage talks about the top 10 movie maker tools for Mac. They differ in their specific functions, but they all have their own highlights and advantages. You can choose a suitable moviemaker for your Mac and make movies on your own.
Movie Maker for Mac
No 1: Avidemux
Avidemux should be the best Windows Movie Maker alternative for Mac. People can download it from its official websites. Avidemux supports a variety of video file formats including AVI, MPEG, MP4, MKV, FLV, etc. and most of video/audio encoding from VCD to H.263, Mp3 to AC3. People can also say that it is a convenient assistant to convert video files. With Avidemux, everyone can produce beautiful movies.
No 2: Filmora Video Editor
It's a simple and multi-functional moviemaker for Mac. Refreshing page design and simple operation makes it very suitable for beginners. Filmora Video Editor supports many advanced video editing features, including 4K editing, PIP (picture in picture), removing background noise, combining pictures into videos, etc. With the movie maker for Mac, people can make their movies special and stand out. More importantly, it is completely free.
Filmora Video Editor
No 3: iMovie HD6
iMovie is an original Apple system-provided Mac movie maker program. Any people can make a fantastic movie with iMovie. This program provides different themes for people to choose: modern, lively, traveling, cheerful, news and so on. Different themes have different headlines and transitions, as well as individual sound track. It is a good choice for beginners.
No 4: Adobe Premiere Pro CC
Adobe Premiere Pro CC is one of the most popular editing software. It is no doubt a powerful movie maker for Mac, as well as an audio editor. Whether you are a professional film maker or a novice video maker, you can use this software. It provides a complete set of features for capturing, editing, toning, landscaping audio, subtitle addition, quick output, DVD burning, etc.
Adobe Premiere Pro CC
No 5: Jahshaka
To some extent, Jahshaka is more suitable Mac movie maker for professionals. It is the world's first open source real-time video clip effects software. Jahshaka supports full GPU keying acceleration, GPU color correction and powerful 3D model. If you do not know anything about video editing, I would suggest you not downloading this software. However, if you want to learn more about making movies and want to be professional, the is the perfect choice.
No 6: Kdenlive
With Kdenlive people can edit all format files. There are also many online resources, which can be downloaded from the interface. This movie maker for Mac allows people to edit several videos at the same time and it provides dozens of effects, from color correction to audio adjustments. Kdenlive is very easy to use, which saves people lots of time.
No 7: HyperEngine-AV
HyperEngine-AV is also a free Windows Movie Maker alternative for Mac. It comes with resourceful editing options for you to choose, including different fonts of colors, distinctive and artistic titles, many styles of music, etc. Also, elegant sentences can be added as subtitle and beautiful movie screen can be processed through this software. With this Mac movie maker, you can create a variety of movie styles: melancholy, fond, lively, cool and so on.
No 8: Blender
This is a special and professional movie maker for Mac, for it can produce a variety of special effects and animation, which a lot of other software can't achieve. Besides, Blender provides a series of animation short film production solutions, from modeling, animation, material, rendering, to audio processing, and video editing.
No 9: Autodesk Smoke
Autodesk Smoke software is an open source video editor for Mac and a multi-functional integrated professional post-production movie maker for Mac, it can help people to complete the post-production process on the Mac with ease. With Autodesk Smoke, you can produce creative, high-quality movies, and the quick and easy operation saves people a lot of time. Besides, painting and filter modules make the movie more appealing. It should be definitely a good choice for movie editing.
No 10: Aiseesoft- Video Converter Ultimate
Have to say that it is one of the best movie maker for Mac and Windows. It can be easily found and downloaded from its official website. Video Converter Ultimate is constantly developing new technologies to bring users better experience. In addition to those basic features such as editing, resizing, painting, adding subtitles, adding music, etc. It also has many other attractive functions. For example, you can stabilize shaky videos to get a stabilization screen and rotate or flip video file. Recently, Video Converter Ultimate adds a new function that supports external audio track and multi-audio track. Its operation is also very simple, with only a few simple steps, you can make your movie as whatever you like.
Movie Maker For Macbook
Step 1 Download the Aiseesoft- Video Converter Ultimate from its official website. Launch the program and do the registration.
Step 2 Click 'Add File' to add source file. You can also choose 'Add your YouTube' from the button 'Add File' to download YouTube videos.
Movie Maker For Mac Free Download
Step 3 When your needed Video is loaded, click 'Video Enhance' to use the editing tools to enhance your own movies as you like.
Step 4 After editing, just click the 'Restore All' button to save your movie. Everything is done.
What do you think of this post?
Rating: 4.8 / 5 (based on 130 ratings)
Movie Makers For Macbook
June 20, 2018 16:11 / Posted by Jenny Ryan to Video Editing
Movie Maker For Mac Computer
- How to Convert MKV to PS3/PS4 MP4 WMV AVI
Many PS3 users will ask this question: Can PS3 play MKV? In this article, we will show you how to play MKV file on PS3 (PlayStation 3) in detail.
- 5 Best Windows Movie Maker Online Alternatives
Do you fret about editing or converting movies when you want to make movies by yourself? Just check out this passage, find your best solution among top 5 Movie Makers Online.
- Tutorials - How to Use Windows Movie Maker
Still don't know how to use Windows Movie Maker? Calm down, this article provides detailed steps of how to use Windows Movie Maker to make movies.