Install tunnelblick software on mac (visiting site from above) 2. Open firewalla app, tap on VPN=Setup, click 'Download VPN profile', and airdrop that to your MAC 3. Open the dropped file on Mac with. Client software choice The OpenVPN protocol is not one that is built into macOS. Therefore a client program is required that can handle capturing the traffic you wish to send through the OpenVPN.
The second OVPN desktop client update of 2018 is now available via the online updater and on the website. Version 1.2.4 introduces support for Debian and Keychain on Mac OS X
How can I update the desktop client?
If your current version is v1.2.1 or newer
- Launch client
- You will now see a notification pop up asking you if you wish to update to version 1.2.4
- Wait for the installation to finish and enter password if asked for it
- As soon as the installation finishes the new version will launch automatically.
- Enjoy your privacy!
If for some reason the online update fails
If something goes wrong, simply close the desktop client and install it manually.
The download links for each operating system can be found below.
Download for Windows
Download for Mac OS X
Download for Ubuntu
If you have a version older than 1.2.1
As 1.2.1 was the first version with online update support, you need to install 1.2.4 the old-fashioned way if you're on an older version. You'll find the installers for each operating system below:
Download for Windows
Download for Mac OS X
Download for Ubuntu
Release notes 1.2.4
- Fixed a bug where all servers would become unavailable if the add-on Public IPv4 expired.
- Now only shows available servers when Public IPv4 add-on is selected.
- Added a toggle to enable/disable notifications in the client UI.
- Minor text improvements (Swedish only).
- Cleaned up log file generated by the client.
- Added version numbers to client log.
- Improved logic during reconnections.
- Minor adjustments during installation steps.
- Increased connection timeout by 10 seconds.
- Improved parsing from VPN process.
- Fixed a bug where killswitch wouldn't always work for Microsoft Edge.
- Cleaned up Firewall rules for Windows.
- Fixed a bug where closing the 'Previous version detected' prompt would still run the installer.
- Fixed a bug where installer would run even though a client process is started.
- Added a new OVPN logo color for connecting and disconnecting.
- Added a balloon message when connecting/disconnecting to the VPN.
- Improvements for Windows 7 during restart/logoff.
- Added client support for Debian and various Ubuntu-based systems.
- Added support for MAC Keychain, Windows credential system and Linux equivalent.
- Increased size of OVPN logo for high-resolution screens.
- Fixed various issues that would cause crashes on Mac OS X.
- Improved logic during reconnection when waking the computer on a new network.
- Improved handling of WiFi/network changes.
- Add a check to prevent a second instance from being launched (Mac OS X/Linux).
- Add an extra check to make sure packages are installed properly on Linux-based systems.
- Improved uninstallation procedure to prevent situations where the OVPN folder would not clean up properly.
- DNS addresses are now restored to the manually entered value when disconnecting with Prevent DNS Leak checked.
- Network tests are now performed using ping instead of a traceroute when determining the best server to connect to.
- Refactored Firewall rules controller.
- Fixed a bug where pressing the Reconnect button in the client would sometimes cause the client to disconnect.
- Fixed a bug where toggling IPv6 back and forth would cause the client to crash (Mac OS X).
- Fixed a bug where the client would sometimes fail to deinitialize the killswitch (Windows) .
Viscosity has been designed from the ground up for both macOS and Windows, using native frameworks for perfect integration.
VPN For Everyone.
Completely configure your OpenVPN connections through an intuitive interface, without any need to know complex commands.
Viscosity has been protecting users for over a decade, everyone from home users to large enterprise, with regular updates the entire time.
Viscosity monitors your OpenVPN connections to ensure you know all the important traffic, network and connection details in style.
DNS. Done Right.
Viscosity's powerful DNS system allows you to ensure that all DNS queries use your VPN DNS servers, or only lookups for select domains.
Easily bundle Viscosity with settings and connections so your users are ready to get started. Create simple deployable connection profiles.
Every component of Viscosity has been designed to maximise the speed and reliability of your OpenVPN connections.
Control Viscosity using AppleScript or VBScript, and call custom scripts and actions when a VPN connection changes state.
More. Much More.
Powerful authentication options, connection folders, IPv6, traffic obfuscation, advanced networking, simultaneous connections, and more!
Viscosity is a first class VPN client, providing everything you need to establish fast and secure OpenVPN connections on both macOS and Windows.
Viscosity caters to both users new to VPNs and experts alike, providing secure and reliable VPN connections. Whether remotely connecting to your workplace network, home network, VPN Service Provider, or other setup, Viscosity ensures it's done with ease and style.
Viscosity has a clear and intuitive interface for monitoring your VPN connections. Whether you simply want a quick overview of your OpenVPN connections, or want to drill down to the technical network and encryption details, Viscosity has you covered.
Viscosity's unobtrusive main menu provides an instant overview of your VPN connections, making it a breeze to monitor connection details in real-time. When more information is needed, Viscosity's powerful Details window provides a stylish traffic graph and detailed connection statistics.
Viscosity takes the complexity out of editing VPN connections, while also adding a lot of power at your fingertips. Viscosity's connection editor makes it easy to configure new VPN connections from scratch or edit existing ones. All without needing to know complex commands.
Easily configure everything from network settings to complex multi-factor authentication. Viscosity's powerful DNS modes and traffic routing are also readily accessible to ensure that traffic goes where you want. Power users are also accommodated, with scripting and advanced command support.
New to VPN?
Viscosity makes it easy for users new to VPNs to get started. Its clear and intuitive interface makes creating, configuring, or importing connections a snap. Read our detailed 'Introduction to VPNs' guide for an extensive introduction to VPNs and how to get started using Viscosity.
As well as being welcoming to new users, Viscosity caters for power and expert users. Viscosity allows for full control over VPN connections, powerful routing options, running custom scripts, controlling Viscosity using scripting, advanced configuration options, and much more.
Viscosity has been designed for both small business and enterprise. Easily make connection bundles for your users, or completely preconfigure Viscosity with all settings and connections. You can even auto-mount shares and open apps to make life easy for your users.
Obfuscation helps to prevent your VPN connections from being blocked or throttled by network operators, and Viscosity has powerful traffic obfuscation features built right in. Easily integrate with an existing Obfsproxy server, or run your own, to allow your OpenVPN connections to function even when Deep Packet Inspection (DPI) is being used.
Viscosity's connection editor offers unparalleled control over your OpenVPN connections. It allows users unfamiliar with OpenVPN to quickly get started, while also allowing experts to configure all aspects of their connections.
Viscosity supports automatically calling your own custom scripts on VPN connection events. Power users can write their own AppleScript, Batch, or VBS scripts to automatically perform almost any action they want. This includes tasks like opening and closing certain applications on connect or disconnect, opening web pages, mounting file shares, or controlling other apps.
Viscosity is fully scriptable, allowing your OpenVPN connections to be controlled using your own custom AppleScript or Batch scripts. It also allows Viscosity to be combined with other third party tools to provide functionality such as automatically when connecting to certain WiFi networks, or when in certain locations.
Complete IPv6 Support
Viscosity has complete IPv6 support. No matter whether you want to connect to your OpenVPN server over an IPv6 network, or have your VPN network support IPv6, Viscosity has you covered. Viscosity's DNS support also fully supports IPv6, including Split DNS.
Easily group your OpenVPN connections into folders to make them easier to manage. This is particularly useful if you want to share credentials or scripts between multiple VPN connections, such as with a VPN Service Provider.
Full & Split DNS
Viscosity's powerful DNS system goes above and beyond other VPN clients, offering both Full and Split DNS modes. Ensure that your VPN DNS servers are used by default with Full DNS mode, or use Split DNS mode to only use your VPN DNS servers for certain domains.
Viscosity is written using completely native frameworks on both macOS and Windows, letting it perfectly integrate with your operating system and offer top performance. No memory and CPU hungry cross-platform frameworks are used: Viscosity offers a completely native user interface with no bloated web-application frameworks.
Connect to a single VPN connection at a time, or connect to multiple simultaneously. No need to switch between VPN connections when working with multiple sites remotely: Viscosity lets you connect to them at the same time and correctly routes traffic and DNS requests for each network.
Viscosity has been developed from the ground up for both macOS and Windows to provide a premier and native experience on both platforms. This makes is easy to deploy a single solution to all of your users, without the expense of having to train support staff and users in the use of multiple clients for different platforms.
Viscosity has been designed to be easy and straightforward to deploy in managed environments. Easily package Viscosity with VPN connections and settings and deploy it using tools such as Mobile Device Management (MDM) or Group Policy (GPO). Or use third-party deployment software such as Munki or Jamf to deploy Viscosity and offer self-service installation.
Bundle Connections & Settings
Viscosity can be bundled together with connections and settings, so Viscosity is ready to go as soon as it is installed, with no configuration required by end users. Viscosity also provides a number of extra customisable settings to help Viscosity fit into your networking and security environment, including the ability to change Viscosity's username and password storage behaviour and global scripting.
Viscosity is commercially supported software. We stand behind our products: if you run into trouble, need help, or would like advice, we are only an email away. There is no need to try your luck on mailing lists, or attempt to hunt down developers for support.
Ease of Use
Viscosity has a clear and intuitive interface for controlling VPN connections, allowing users new to VPNs and Viscosity to easily use OpenVPN on both macOS and Windows. Viscosity's Details window provides a simple interface for obtaining connection statistics and diagnostic information to pass on to support staff.
Viscosity is in use everywhere, from large enterprise to small business, schools, universities, at home and on the road. You can use deploy Viscosity with piece of mind that it has been constantly tested and refined for almost any network environment. Viscosity has been constantly refined to automatically adjust to a huge variety of network conditions to ensure your user's VPN connections are reliable and trouble-free as possible.
Viscosity connection packages can be exported and distributed to users, providing an easy mechanism to supply users with connections (and all associated certificates, keys, and scripts) in a single package when providing a fully bundled version of Viscosity is not suitable.
Standard & Admin User Support
Viscosity can run under both administrator accounts and standard user accounts, for both macOS and Windows. This makes deploying Viscosity to machines that are not department controlled/imaged (such as machines at a user's home) much easier and simpler.
Smartcard, Token, & U2F Support
Viscosity supports PKCS#11 and FIDO Universal 2nd Factor (U2F) authentication options, allowing your users to use devices like smartcards and eTokens for authentication. You can use these devices as the sole method for authentication, or combine them with other authentication methods to create two-factor, or even three-factor, authentication. This helps you meet strict security polices, such as the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS).
Viscosity allows calling custom scripts before a connection connects, when it connects, or when it disconnects. This allows common tasks to be easily automated, such as connecting to file servers and mounting shares, opening web pages, opening applications, controlling other applications, and displaying messages to the user. Ummy youtube video downloader for mac. Viscosity supports AppleScript scripts under macOS, and both Batch (.bat) and Visual Basic/VBS (.vbs) scripts under Windows.
Viscosity's conditional connections mechanism makes it easy to have Viscosity only connect to a VPN server on certain networks, or only in certain environments. A custom script can check for certain conditions (such as the wireless network the machine is connected to, the IP address, location, etc.) and decide whether to allow or terminate the connection attempt.
Big shout-out to @sparklabs! Viscosity is excellent with constant updates and flawless operation. #wortheverypenny #bestvpnclient
If you're using #OpenVPN and you're not using #Viscosity then you're doing it wrong :) @sparklabs - Thanks for an awesome app!
Just wanted to say that Viscosity is a great app. I'm very happy with its performance, ease of use, reliability, and design.
Every professional VPN solution I've used for Mac can't hold a candle to @sparklabs's Viscosity. Its by far the best
Hat tip to @sparklabs for Viscosity. It's the OpenVPN client I'd write if I had to. Which I don't, because they wrote it.
I'm really pleased with Viscosity. It's an extremely elegant #Mac #OpenVPN client solution.
PSA: The Viscosity OpenVPN client from @sparklabs is awesome - regularly updated and a great value. Recommended!
Love Viscosity from @sparklabs. Easy install, it just works. Reliable OpenVPN connections for Windows and Mac.
I just downloaded Viscosity after toiling with the various OpenVPN offerings.. I must say, I have fallen in love! Keep it up!
- Username & Password
- Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) & PKCS#12
- Shared Secret
- PKCS#11 Token & Smartcard
- FIDO Universal 2nd Factor (U2F)
- One Time Password (OTP)
- Dynamic & Static Two Factor
- Simultaneous Connections
- Full & Split DNS Modes
- Connect via HTTP or SOCKS Proxy
- Traffic Obfuscation
- DHCP IP, DNS, And Route Assignment
- Complete IPv4 and IPv6 Support
- Automatic & Manual Proxy Settings
- Powerful Traffic Routing Options
- Intelligent Server Selection & Fallback
- Powerful Connection Editor
- Traffic Graph & Statistics
- Unobtrusive Status Icon & Menu
- Customisable Menu Icons
- Customisable Menu Quick Statistics
- Connection Folders & Shared Credentials
- OpenVPN Version Selection
Performance & Integration
- Native Implementation for Each Platform
- Low CPU & Memory Usage
- Reliable OpenVPN Connections
- Automatically Disconnect on Inactivity
- Automatically Reconnect on Disconnect
- Automatically Reconnect on Network Availability
- Automatically Disable Time Machine Backups
- Latest Cipher & Digest Support
- Sandboxed OpenVPN & Scripts
- Keychain & Windows Password Store Integration
- IPv6 Leak Protection
- Bundling Connections & Preferences
- GPO Group Policy Deployment
- Connection Importing & Exporting
- Admin Rights Not Required for User Operation
- Conditional Connections
- Control Viscosity using AppleScript
- Control Viscosity using Scripts or Command Line
- Run Scripts on Connection Events
- Advanced Configuration Commands
Viscosity for macOS and Windows
Openvpn Client Mac
Download Viscosity now to trial it for 30-days with no purchase necessary and no limitations. Purchase Viscosity to remove the 30-day trial limitation and help support its development. Viscosity is a one-time purchase, with no subscriptions or recurring fees.
Ovpn File Download
Release Notes Volume Licenses & Discounts Upgrades & Extensions